New Marriage?

Doris, will you create the legal arrangement for changing my tax filing status?

Here’s a few reminders to add to your To Do lists for after you say “I Do”:

Don’t forget to submit a new federal and state withholding exemption form to your payroll department to change your marital status and exemptions to meet your new tax liability.

Update your beneficiaries on your life insurance policies.

Submit a change of address if applicable to the IRS, your state department of revenue and the US Postal Service.

Report name changes to the Social Security Administration.

Notify your employer of your name change and address change if applicable.

2 Responses to “New Marriage?”

  1. Sue Says:

    Very useful and timely for me! Thanks for looking out for us little people!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: